Mold Test Kit: Indoor Air Quality Test for Mold
Mold Test Kit: Mold is a rapidly-growing fungus that can be found, at some level, just about everywhere in nature. In areas that are regularly dark and damp however, mold levels can become problematic when it get into your indoor environment. An indoor air quality test for mold may be needed identify if this is happening in your home or building.
Indoor Air Quality Test for Mold
Seeing mold growth, smelling a musty odor, or finding water stains are mold growth indicators around the home or office space. Unfortunately mold cannot always be seen.
It is often hidden within walls, behind furniture, in attics, basements, and other out-of-sight places. And when mold is growing in the home or workplace, it is also present in the air. Inhaling mold spores can trigger both allergies and asthma in sensitive people and long term exposure can have lasting health effects.
Why Test for Mold
Commonly, an indoor air quality test for mold is done because when mold is present indoors, it has the potential to damage property, cause health problems in the buildings inhabitants and pets and to spread throughout the building. Different types of molds generally fall into three categories: Allergenic, Hyper- Allergenic and Toxic. Testing for mold helps identify issues within a building such as leaking roof, leaking plumbing, or other issues. Testing is the first step in addressing potential issues.
How to Test for Mold
Mold Test Kit contains all you need to sample your home or workplace for the presence of mold, both allergenic and toxic in nature.
- First, review the provided instructions to familiarize yourself with the quick and easy sampling process.
- Next, identify the area you wish to sample. We recommend HVAC air return or supply grills (the vents in you home), the top of a computer monitor, nights stands or the top of a headboard. Areas on a ceiling, wall, or under a sink that appear discolored and you suspected may be mold.
- Then, using the supplied BioScan sample collection strip, take a sample of that area.
- Finally, return the BioScan back into its protective case, complete the chain of custody and put them both into the pre-paid envelope and send for lab analysis.
- Your final report will arrive with 3-5 days via PDF to the email address you provide.
The Mold Test Kit is simple to use and provides top-quality test results. The accredited, Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab), analysis and final report is included in the cost of the Mold Screen Check. Hundreds of types of mold are tested and evaluated for identification and concentration levels. There are no hidden fees or additional costs.
Your Lab Report
This report will show detailed information on the genus level of each mold type identified as measured in Counts/cm², and will have guidelines for what is considered to be a normal manageable level, as compared to the total levels of each pollutant found on the Bio-Scan400. Once EDLab receives the Bio-Scan400 for analysis, your lab report will be generated and emailed or mailed within 3-5 business days.