MINIMUM ORDER: 15 Kits
Please call with questions.
Why Choose Allergen Test Kit?
Indoor Allergen Test Kit gets you the answers to “What allergens are in my air?” by giving you the power of professional home allergen testing in a simple DIY kit form. The air we breathe indoors has millions of microscopic particles and allergens. These various particle types float through our home, offices, and classrooms. Eventually settling on the surfaces around us. Everything we breathe will eventually fall to a surface. Find out what contaminants may be triggering allergic reactions and the concentrations in which they are present with the indoor Allergen Test Kit. Unlike other allergen testers on the market, this kit gives homeowners and consumers the power of professional home allergen testing at your fingertips. With no hidden fees.
Professional Home Allergen Testing
Get professional allergen testing in a do-it-yourself kit. Identify various types of indoor allergens present in your home or workplace. Contaminants like Mold, Pollen, Fibers, Insect Parts, and Skin Cells, can all be present in various levels. This can become an issue for sensitive individuals, young children and infants, the elderly, expecting mothers, asthma sufferers, allergy sufferers and health conscious individuals.
All Inclusive Allergen Test Kits
Now, everything needed for a complete mail-in indoor allergen test is included in this kit. Sample collection strip, protective case, chain-of-custody, easy-to-follow instruction card, and prepaid return envelope are all included. There are no hidden fees or extra costs. Lab analysis is included in the cost of the kit, so is shipping for the sample to get to the accredited laboratory at WTI in Clearwater, FL where you test sample is analyzed. Results are provided in five to seven days of receiving the sample.
What’s in the Box
Surface sample collection strip, protective case, chain-of-custody, instruction card, and prepaid return envelope
Allergen Test Kit & Understanding Indoor Air Quality
The air in our living and working spaces contain a wide variety of particles. Some of these particulate types can cause adverse health issues that can be allergenic or toxic in nature (See below for common things to look for). These airborne particles then settle on our indoor surfaces. Allergen Test Kit uses the surface sampling method of capture where a sample collected in your space, and then analyzed by a world-class laboratory to provide you with a fascinating look at what actually is in your air and the volumes in which they are present.
Home and Office Air Quality Testing Made Easy
The Allergen Test Kit is designed to screen your indoor environment and provide detailed concentration levels of multiple types of pollutants frequently found in the home or workplace. Sample collection is made easy with the Bio-Scan400 surface sample collection device.
Allergen Test Kit is Ideal For
- Health conscious individuals
- Allergy sufferers
- Asthma patients
- Expecting parents
- Real estate professionals
- Clean room evaluations
- Office workers
- Apartment renters
- Moving to a new city
Quality Results: Indoor Air Testing Made Easy
WTI laboratory services provides professional home allergen test kit analysis for your screen sample. The processional analysis and final report are all included in the cost of the Allergen Test Kit. Your final report shows detailed information for each pollutant identified as measured in Counts/cm², and has guidelines for what is considered to be a normal manageable level, as compared to total levels of each pollutant found on the Bio-Scan400. Giving you the professional home allergen testing results as offered by the pros.
Your final report is available within 3-5 business days after your screening sample is received by the laboratory. The final report PDF is emailed to you for your convenience.
Professional Home Allergen Testing is Simple
Allergen Test Kit checks for and identifies various types of allergens present in your home or workplace. Various contaminants like Mold, Pollen, Fibers, Insect Parts, and Skin Cells, can all be present in various levels. This can become an issue for sensitive individuals, young children and infants, the elderly, expecting mothers, asthma sufferers, allergy sufferers and health conscious individuals.
The Allergen Test Kit includes everything needed for a complete mail-in indoor allergen test is included. Including surface sample collection strip, protective case, chain-of-custody, easy-to-follow instruction card, and prepaid return envelope.
Lab analysis for the Allergen Test Kit is included in the cost of the kit, sample submitted for analysis receive a full spectrum scan. The final analysis report specifies the type of allergens identified and concentrations in which they are present.
What are Allergens?
Allergens are microscopic particles that exist almost everywhere. Indoor allergens and mold test kit helps identify these particles. Allergen particles like this are a type of antigen. Which means they produce an abnormally large immune response from your body. The immune system tries to fight off the perceived threat, but otherwise, these particles would be harmless to the body. Reactions like this are called allergies.
Allergens, such as mold, feed off of organic materials and facilitate the decomposition of these materials potentially causing further issues. Pollen, mold, and mites can enter your building through open doorways, leaks, faults in the HVAC system, or even the clothes you wear. Use a home air allergen test to identify the contaminants that may be present in your home or office and take the first step in the right direction to creating a healthier, more comfortable indoor environment.
Common Indicators that Allergens may be Present
- Particles visible in the air when light shines
- Eye irritation
- Occupants sneeze
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like indicators
- Tight chest
- General discomfort
- Upper respiratory irritation
- Trouble sleeping
- Odor similar to musty clothing or socks
Recommended Locations to Sample Using Allergen Test Kit
Your home air allergen test is most effective when these locations are used to collect your samples:
- HVAC Return Air Grille: Home or office that has a central air conditioning or ventilation system, the return air grille is usually the best possible place to collect a sample because it works like a natural air pump as it sucks in the air you breathe to be filtered and re-circulated. As the air is being pulled into the system, many air particles will be impacted on the frame of the grille, and can be collected by the Bio Scan400™ for analysis.
- Air Supply Vent: If you believe the problem may be originating inside the air handler or ventilation system, unscrewing an air supply vent and collecting a sample from the duct can be beneficial.
- Dust Collection: Dust is a great option for sample collection because it has a magnetic charge that draws in many of the air particles as they come close to it.
- Visible Growth: If you see something growing on a hard surface and think it may be mold but you’re not sure, the Allergen Screen Check Kit can be used to collect a sample for detailed analysis.
- Remove the bag containing the Bio-Scan400 sampling strip
- Open the bag, remove the protective case containing the Bio-Scan400
- Remove the Bio-Scan400 from the plastic case.
- Select an area of concern (ex: desk, wall, air vent, AHU, etc.) for a Bio-Scan400 surface sample.
- Hold the left side of the Bio-Scan400 and peel the white backing paper to expose the adhesive side of the red grid area. Important: do not touch the adhesive side of the red grid.
- Gently place the sticky side of the red grid against the surface you wish to test.
- Gently reseal the Bio-Scan400 back onto the white backing paper (see Picture E below).
- Place the Bio-Scan500 sample back in the case and complete the Chain of Custody form, filling out all information.
- Be sure to record the sample location and the surface the sample was collected from on the provided Chain of Custody.
- Place Bio-Scan400 sample and Chain of Custody form in the envelope provided
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 3-5 business days.
- The final analysis report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Peter K (verified owner) –
The test kit gave me a clear understanding of the contaminants were in my house. The report was detailed had charts that were easy to understand. I would recommended allergen test kit to other who are feeling like they have allergies in their house but don’t know what may be causing them.
Used this test to see why I kept sneezing while in my own home and found out the exact allergens that were affecting my environment. This product works and is very simple to use.