Fellowes AeraMax Professional HEPA Filters for AM III and AM IV
Aeramax Professional filter replacements for Pro AM IV and III, True HEPA 2 Pack. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic only highlights the need for safety in the indoor environment. This includes choosing the correct filters and maintaining them. The EPA recommends HEPA filtration to help fight coronavirus, and it is currently the best of all filter products for doing so. This AeraMax professional IV filter is a true HEPA filter, capable efficiently capturing particles the size of (and far smaller than) the virus that causes COVID-19.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is approximately 0.125 micron (125 nanometers) in diameter. It falls squarely within the particle-size range that AeraMax Professional HEPA Filters capture, with extraordinary efficiency: 0.01 micron (10 nanometers) and above. Many media outlets have incorrectly stated that HEPA filters don’t filter below 0.3 micron and therefore could not capture airborne coronaviruses. That’s wrong. This NASA study of HEPA filtration is quite technical, but the graph on page 7 and the preceding paragraph do a good job of explaining why HEPA filters are actually most efficient—almost 100% at 0.01 micron—at capturing ultrafine particles below the 0.3-micron HEPA test standard.
HEPA Fights Coronavirus
As part of their Guidance for Building Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic paper, AESHRE cites HEPA as an effective line of defense against airborne viruses. AeraMax Pro HEPA helps create air that is free from contamination. It’s an important step towards improving the health and safety of you shared spaces, and your building occupants. AeraMax Professional HEPA Filters along with commercial grade HEPA air purifiers like AeraMax Professional IV and III work around the clock to remove particles and pathogens including smoke particles from wildfires and the coronavirus from the air. Additionally, they remove other harmful particles such as dust, allergens, pollen, mold, pet dander, and more.
Suggested Usage: AeraMax Professional HEPA Filters are ideal for health-conscious individuals and families, applications where higher levels of viruses, or allergens are present, like residence and organizations in high density metro areas. Offices, schools and workplaces with waiting areas, classrooms, day care, lobbies and conference rooms, etc.
Estimated Filter Life*: 12-18 Months
* Actual useful filter life will vary depending on application
Fellowes AeraMax Professional Air Purifier Filter Options:
Fellowes AeraMax Professional filter systems can be combined with additional pre-filters in order to address your environmental needs.
- Pre-filters – Filters large particles as a first layer of protection, helps get the most value out of HEPA and Carbon filters by reducing premature build-up, helping to prolong their effective life
- Carbon Pre-filter – Contains activated carbon which adsorbs a wide range of volatile organic compounds and odors, pre-filter captures larger particulate to help extend life of subsequent filters
- Carbon Filter – This is the level-up you get when you want a VOC air purifier. This allocates all the power of the Fellowes AeraMax system to fighting odors and VOCs
- True HEPA filters – are available.
- Hybrid Filters – the best of both carbon and True HEPA.
The image below illustrates a pre-filter for large particles, a carbon pre-filter for odors and chemicals, and a true HEPA filter as the finest level filtration.